We are grateful to be located in a place blessed with good quality rice and water, and through our commitment to manufacturing, we provide products that will please customers who seek an authentic flavor. We are proud to be associated with the largest producer of Uonuma Koshihikari in Japan, and we strive to deliver safe and delicious food to the whole country.
|Capital||80 million yen|
|Representative||President Hirokazu Takano|
|Numbers of Employees||244（Male 114 Female 129）|
|Business Description||Manufacture and sale of packaged mochi, aseptic packed rice, frozen foods, noodles, etc.; groceries and miscellaneous liquors; restaurant and food/beverage business|
●Head Office and Factory: 2837-1 Chiyako, Ojiya-shi, Niigata
Seven minutes by car from JR Ojiya Station. A seven-minute drive from the Ojiya IC on the Kanetsu Expressway.
- 1951Established Takano Brewing Co.
- 1955Newly established a pickles factory.
- 1961Newly established a food supermarket store department.
- 1965Newly established a department for the production of rice cakes and bean confectioneries.
- 1976Newly established a department for the production of frozen mochi and frozen shiratama and started selling them.
- 1977Newly established a department for the production of mochi offerings and started selling them.
- 1979Expanded Takano Supermarket Department stores.
- 1980Newly established Chyajima rice cake packaging plant.
- 1983Changed the company name to TAKANO Co.,Ltd.
- 1992Newly established aseptic rice plant.
- 1996Installed the second aseptic rice line.
- 1997Installed the third aseptic rice line.
- 1999Expanded the rice factory.
- 2001Installed the fourth aseptic rice line.
- 2003Relocated Tokyo Sales Office and acquired ISO 9001 certification.
- 2004Suspended factory operations for two weeks for recovery work after the Chuetsu earthquake.
- 2005Newly installed a germinated brown rice production line.
- 2007Fully upgraded the second aseptic rice line.
- 2008Established and relocated the department for the production of noodles as Soba Kobo.
- 2010Started the operation of environmental recycling waste treatment system.
- 2011Acquired ISO 22000 certification (for the production of packaged rice).
Acquired the food recycling loop certification.
- 2012Started the adoption of the tenure system for self-defense officers.
- 2013Increased capital from 40 million yen to 80 million yen.
Received Niigata Prefecture Excellent Recycling Business Office award from Niigata Prefecture.
- 2014Established Agri Takano Inc. as an agricultural production corporation.
Renewed the tunnel freezer for the frozen shiratama production line.
Fully upgraded the third aseptic rice line.
- 2015Newly installed a retort pouch production line.
Expanded ISO 22000 certification (to include the manufacture of packaged cut mochi and frozen shiratama).
Received the Chairman's Award from 3R SUISHINKYOGIKAI.
- 2017Partially renovated the frozen shiratama production line building, renewed the weighing and packaging machines.
- 2018Renewed the storage freezers.
- 2019Renewed the mochi measuring and packaging machine, repair the mochi packaging machine, and renewed our cleaning machine.
- 2020Newly installed a frozen warabimochi production line.
Selected as a Regional Future Leading Company.
Renewed the mochi packing machine.